In today’s world, the number of Social media users is growing at a pleasing rate, since January 2016 an astonishing 480 Million businesses jumped on board. So with this many users on social media platforms, the question then becomes what are the most effective ways to use these platforms such as Facebook, Instagram etc. Is it videos or plain posts?
The generic and standard way to use these platforms would be to just put some writing on the post and publish it, which is perfectly fine now that there are things like emojis and hashtags that keep the readers interested and makes post accessible to millions. But we believe in most cases videos can be more effective than posts and here’s why.
5 Reasons why videos are better than normal posts on Social Media.
- You can add more information- In most social media platforms like Twitter, there is a character barrier which means sometimes you cannot have as much information as you want. With videos, you can include all the information you want and it won’t be too long.
- Interactive – It’s no secret that a lot of posts are either too short or too long which leads to people either losing interest or not taking in any of the information that way presented to them. Videos are interactive and have things moving around which will keep the brain alert and even if the information doesn’t appeal to the reader, they took in the information.
- Responses – If you compare the two ( Videos and Social media ) Compare the most commented posts and the most commented videos, Video wins the battle with YouTube videos generating a much wider response.
- Demonstrate Skill – Creating a video isn’t always straightforward, a professionally created video takes time and effort so when a business puts out a self-made video it demonstrates the skill that there is within the business.
- Views – The last and not least is simply views if someone comes across a video and posts chances are they will click on the video as seen people average thousands to millions of views on videos.
We are not saying posts should stop for videos, but we believe it is extremely healthy for your business’s social media to keep it mixed between videos and regular posts.
If you require further help or enquiries regarding any of our services, don’t hesitate to contact Snob Monkey. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Telephone: 0800 368 9336