Do you need more e-mail addresses for your e-mail marketing? Don’t you know how to get the e-mail addresses? Make sure you keep reading because in this blog we’ll tell you all about lead magnets; which make sure you will get these e-mail addresses in no time.
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is something you give away for free, which is valuable enough to get your prospects to share their e-mail addresses. For example, an eBook, a coupon etc.
How to create a lead magnet
1 Create lead magnet ideas
Not everything is a good lead magnet. Here are four lead magnet ideas that you can create from existing content on your website, and in your business.
- An eBook: A business eBook tends to address bigger topics in a more entertaining way. It should be written in an authoritative way, but not too technical so it can be accessible to a bigger audience.
- An Infographic: An infographic can create a whole story in just one image. But only if you use the right information; for example statistics and related facts. A beautiful graphic design is also very important.
- Quizzes: People usually love quizzes and self-tests. It doesn’t matter if you go for informing or entertaining quizzes. Good apps to use to build your product and then add the quiz to your site page and e-mails are qzzr.com and dilogr.com.
- A Coupon: Everyone loves a good discount, so do your potential clients. Offer them a discount on one of your products/services they definitely do not want to miss. This way you do not only get their e-mail address, but you also might generate a sale. A win-win situation!
Still finding it hard to come up with a lead magnet? A 15-30 minute brainstorm session might help you! You will surprise yourself by how much ideas you come up within such a short amount of time.
2. Creating the lead magnet
Choose one of the lead magnets you came up with and create a sketch of what you want it to look like. Once that is done, it’s time to write the content for your lead magnet. You can either record it with apps like Audacity and QuickTime, or just write it down.
If you pick recording instead of writing, you will have to transcribe it. Keep in mind: Going from voice to text requires a lot of editing.
3. Design the lead magnet
Once you’ve created the concept and the content, it’s time to start designing the magnet. You can either create it yourself or use a platform to design it for you.
If you want to use a platform to design it for you, you should consider the following things:
- Which design examples do you like?
- Does it have more than 1,000 reviews?
- Does it have a minimum rating of 4.5 stars?
- Do they create the design within one to five days?
4. Put the lead magnet together
Now it’s time to put all your content together. Here is how you combine your content, cover design and how to convert it into a PDF in three easy steps.
1. Firstly, open your document (this is if you use Microsoft Word) go to the top of the document and insert a Page Break. This will give you an empty first page. (Insert > Break > Page Break)
2. With the empty first page, add your cover design to the word document by going to insert > Photo > Picture from File
3. If you want to save the word document as a PDF, go to File > Save As and select save as PDF.
After you followed all these steps, you can start sharing your Lead Magnet and start getting e-mails from potential clients!
If you require further help or enquiries regarding any of our services, don’t hesitate to contact Snob Monkey. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Telephone: 0800 368 9336
Written by: Danique de Jong